March 20, 2020
Public health officials advise the number of lab-confirmed positive and presumptive positive cases in Manitoba remains at 17 at this time.
A state of emergency has been declared by the powers set out in Section 10(1) and 10(2) of The Emergency Measures Act to enable the province to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time, the public health orders apply to public places, not workplaces. However, workplaces should still follow good social distancing practices as recommended by public health including:
• minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two metres/six feet) contact between other individuals in public;
• avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
• disinfecting frequently used surfaces;
• following public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus; and
• avoiding travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk (e.g. seniors and those with underlying medical conditions).
A new community testing drive-thru site is scheduled to open in south Winnipeg tomorrow at the Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) Bison Drive Service Centre. MPI employees vacated the premises, located at 15 Barnes St., earlier this week to make way for the testing
site. Hours for the site, Manitoba’s 11th testing location and third drive-thru, are daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
These locations are not walk-in clinics. Patients must receive a referral prior to arriving at these sites. Other locations throughout the province include:
• Winnipeg – Access Winnipeg West (280 Booth Dr.), Access Fort Garry (135 Plaza Dr.), Access Transcona (845 Regent Ave. West) and the Mount Carmel Clinic (886 Main St.). Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the week and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays
• Brandon – The Nurses Residence Gymnasium at the Brandon Regional Health Centre
(150 McTavish Ave. East). Hours are daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Selkirk – 622 Superior Ave. The drive-thru site will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Steinbach – 365 Reimer Ave. The drive-thru site will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thompson – Thompson Clinic in the Plaza Mall (50 Selkirk Ave.). Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
• The Pas – Guy Hall, 28 First St. West. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
• Flin Flon – Channing Auditorium in the Flin Flon Community Hall, 2 North Ave. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
More locations are expected to open in the coming days.
The pre-screening tool is now also available in French. For more information, visit:
Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 before arriving at a testing site.
For more information and to access the online screening tool for COVID-19, visit: