Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Traffic accident reporting requirement have changed.. See for more information!

Manitoba Government would like to inform you about Traffic accident reporting requirements have changed.

If you are in a collision you no longer have to report to police if only property damage is sustained, no matter what the value of that damage is.

Reporting to police is required ONLY if this collision involves:

  • fatality
  • serious injury ( meaning someone was hospitalized) 
  • unlicensed driver or unregistered vehicle
  • unidentified vehicle (e.g. hit and run)
  • failure to obtain particulars from the other party
  • The suspected use of drugs or alcohol by the other driver
Vehicle damage resulting from suspected vandalism attempted theft and theft must also be reported to police.

For more information about changes to the Highway Traffic Act, please visit mpi.mb.ca